COMMITTEE TO SUPPORT CENTRAL
(Established October 15, 2008)
NAME AND AFFILIATION
- The name of this organization shall be the Committee to Support Central, hereinafter known as the “Committee” or the “C.S.C”.
- The committee shall work in cooperation with the Central Community High School Board of Education and/or Administration, hereinafter known as the “Board of Education” or the “B.O.E.”. (The Central Community High School administrative staff will hereinafter be known as the “Administration”).
- The Committee shall serve as a support organization for Central Community High School and its functions within the community for the provision of educational services and opportunities of students.
- The Committee shall consist of:
- A minimum of seven members who reside within the borders of the school district;
- Members shall be divided as equally as possible amongst the communities and territory within the Central Community High School District #71 so as to provide equal representation of community members;
- The President, and/or a designee of the President, and a committee of members approved by the Board of Education shall serve as ex-officio members;
- The Board of Education shall have at least one representative member on the C.S.C. to serve as a liaison to increase assurance that the Committee to Support Central pursues activities consistent with the policies and philosophies of the B.O.E.
- All members shall be eligible to serve from the date of approval by the Committee to Support Central. If a member is absent more than three consecutive meetings, he/she may be removed from the C.S.C. by formal action of the committee.
- If a vacancy occurs, or an expansion of the committee is authorized, new member(s) may be recommended to the committee by existing member(s) of the C.S.C. The appointment shall be completed by formal action of the Committee as a whole.
- The officers of the Committee shall consist of a President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. The term of each office shall be two years.
- Duties of the officers shall be as follows:
- The President shall preside at all meetings, appoint subcommittees as needed, and shall generally supervise the affairs of the Committee to Support Central. The President shall coordinate the agendas for meetings with the Administration and work cooperatively with Administration and Board of Education on all activities.
- The Vice-President shall preside in the absence of the President.
- The Secretary shall record the proceedings of the meetings of the Committee to Support Central. (The Committee can appoint a non-committee individual to the position.)
- The Treasurer shall work cooperatively with the Administration in the supervision of all Committee funds (to be held by Central Community High School) and the preparation of Treasurer’s Reports for each C.S.C. meeting. (The Committee can appoint a non-committee individual to the position.)
- The offices of Secretary and Treasurer may be held jointly at the discretion of the Committee.
MEETINGS AND ELECTIONS
- Regular meetings of the Committee to Support Central shall be held quarterly on the third Wednesday during the months of January, April, July, and October at 7:00 P.M. Meetings will be held at Central Community High School. Additional meetings may be called or changes in meeting date, time, or location may be agreed upon by the members of the C.S.C. if necessary.
- Members are encouraged to attend all meetings, or notify the President or Administration if unable to attend, at least one week in advance of the meeting.
- Members should notify the Committee of an intention to remove themselves from membership at least one meeting in advance and candidates to replace a member will be submitted in consideration for approval at a quarterly meeting of the Committee.
AUTHORITY AND RELATIONSHIP TO BOARD OF EDUCATION
- The Committee to Support Central shall serve in an advisory role to the Board of Education and for the purposes of the C.S.C. as outlined by their mission and goal statements. Members of the C.S.C. have no voting rights or authority as given to the members of the Board of Education.
- The Committee to Support Central shall seek approval of their actions from the Board of Education that are within the scope of school related activities or functions.
- The C.S.C. shall continuously strive to help the Board of Education in providing the best possible educational services and opportunities to Central Community High School students.
REVISIONS TO BYLAWS
- The bylaws may be altered, amended, and/or rescinded from time to time, as deemed necessary, with appropriate prior notice, and by formal action of the Committee to Support Central.
Created By: Dani Langhauser 2010